Most adults in England have to pay prescription charges.
Some items are always free, including contraceptives and medicines prescribed for hospital inpatients.
The current prescription charge is £9.35 per item.
A prescription prepayment certificate (PPC) could save you money on NHS prescription costs:
- a 3-month PPC costs £30.25
- a 12-month PPC is £108.10
- a surgical bra is £30.70
- an abdominal or spinal support is £46.30
- a stock acrylic wig is £75.70
- a partial human hair wig is £200.50
- a full bespoke human hair wig is £293.20
More in Prescriptions and pharmacies
- Who can get free prescriptions
NHS prescription charges
- Save money with a prescription prepayment certificate (PPC)
- Find a pharmacy that offers NHS flu vaccination